A General Meeting was held on Saturday, April 20, 2013

A General Meeting was held on Saturday, April 20, 2013

ASOCIACION DE REGULARIZACION DE VECINOS DE LA CHOLLA, A.C.

A General Meeting was held on Saturday, April 20, 2013 at the Cholla Community Center.  President Michael Dugan called the meeting to order at 9:00 AM.  There not being a quorum present, motion was made, seconded and approved by the membership to adjourn.  The meeting was then convened at 9:05 AM.

MINUTES:

A motion was made, seconded and approved to dispense with reading the minutes of the General Meeting held on Saturday, April 21, 2012.

FINANCE: The Operating Budget for the year 2011 – 2012 was sent to the membership in the Newsletter prior to the meeting.  The board was asking the membership to approve one of two suggested budget amounts.  Since the information was sent to all members, Mr. Dugan asked for a motion to dispense with reading the budgets, etc.  A motion was made, seconded and approved.

MEMBERSHIP:

At Mr. Dugan’s request, the Secretary read the list of new members.  A motion was then made, seconded and all new members were approved.

ELECTIONS:Mr. Dugan thanked Bella Howard for her past work on the Board.  A round of applause was given by the
Homeowners in attendance.

 

Mr. Dugan read the list of officers and board members on the ballot.

President:  Mike Dugan

Board Member:           Tammy Hicks

Mr. Dugan asked if there were any nominations from the floor.  There being none, a motion was made to close the nominations, seconded and approved.

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:

Mr. Dugan stated that there was a meeting with the City Officials about the Federal Zone lots.  Out of the 98 lots,
it was noted that 2 had their concessions. A list of lots is available after the meeting.

Mr. Dugan informed everyone that the Company is in the process of working  with the Bank to get the Trust
issues resolved.  They recently received an e-mail from the office in Tijuana and had a meeting with the trust
department.  They delivered instructions about the lots and have received written instructions to be given to the
Notario to proceed with the Deeds of Trust.  It seems that they are on the road to a solution.  The Company stated that they
will keep us informed of the progress.

CLUBHOUSE:

Helen stated that we are still in the process of getting the Request for Bids on the storage facility.  We are looking at building a 20×20 garage and on shading for the patio.

PARKS:

Steve Lee stated that all is ok.  We are keeping the park/playground clean.

ROADS:

Bella gave her final report on the roads and advised Kelly Ross of items that are in process.  They will meet later to go over items.  Bella thanked everyone for their support.

SECURITY:

Mr. Dugan re-iterated about the change in the Police.  He also informed us that the Port Captain gave the Police authority to enforce the rules at the launch area.

GARBAGE:

Mr. Dugan stated that our rates have been lower; however, they recently repaired the scales which may cause our costs to go up as they are able to get a more accurate weight of the trash.

WATER:

Mr. Dugan advised that we still have our water concession in Cholla.  When he went to pay the water bill, he was told that we would not receive our usual discount.  There were many people in the office about their water services.  Apparently the
City had started turning off water services to those who had not paid their bills.  His next trip to pay our water
bill, we were once again given our discount.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS:

Mr. Dugan asked if anyone had unfinished business from the previous year and there being none and all necessary business had been attended to, he asked for a motion to adjourn. Prior to adjourning, Mr. Dugan said the voting was to continue for one-half hour after the meeting was adjourned. Motion was then made, seconded and the meeting was adjourned at approximately 9:25 AM. The voting was to continue for one-half hour after the adjournment (until 10am).

AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION:

Mr. Dugan welcomed all the new members to the Vecinos de la Cholla.  The meeting was then opened to the membership
for questions, answers and discussions.

There was a discussion about the garbage pick up schedule.  It was commented about people who leave town
and put out their trash for pick up and the pick up doesn’t happen.  Someone stated that they should take their
trash to the dumpster.  Discussion was had about paying for the service and not getting it. Mr. Dugan stated that if
the pick up date fell on a holiday, it wouldn’t be picked up; also if there were trucks issues, etc.  We do not have
a back up vehicle.  We are trying to purchase a small trash compactor style garbage truck from the states.  If we are able to do this, we will then have a back up vehicle to try to keep the pick up schedule on track.  Everyone was advised that if they had a problem with their trash pick up, they could call Jessie directly (he speaks English) or contact Jim Allison (Trash Committee).
Mr. Schooner stated that he’s been maintaining a trash barrell outside his fence (along the road), but they keep getting stolen.
He asked if the Vecinos would consider placing a blue barrell out there.  The Board stated they would look into that.

Jerry McClung asked if we were a legal HOA and was told yes.

Crystal Renner asked if the Board was concerned about Tito being back in Cholla again and that since then there was an e-mail about items being stolen.  How do we get these officers out of our community?  She was asked if she felt they were involved and she stated yes.  It was stated that you have to be very careful about what you say on this subject.  Mr. Dugan advised Crystal that the HOA can NOT tell the Police Commandant how to do his job.  Crystal then asked if he was promoting getting them back in Cholla.  Mr. Dugan stated No

A gentleman asked if anyone knew why 10-15 police/military vehicles were driving thru Cholla last night.  No one had any
idea why, but it was appreciated by many.

Connie Norsworthy asked Mr. Ross about the speed bumps installed by the HOA.  How many do we have and what maintenance is being done on them?  Mr. Ross deferred to Ms. Howard.  Ms. Howard explained how the graders were handling them.

Barb Dahman advised everyone that the HOA provides and maintains a library for everyone’s use.  Mr. Dugan commended Mrs.
Dahman on her work with the library.

A gentleman asked is any more speed bumps were planned and what maintenance was planned.  Ms. Howard stated that no more speed bumps are planned.  Road maintenance is in a transitional phase right now with SBR.  Contract renewals are in process.  She will get with Mr. Ross about that.  A discussion was held about the speed bump installed by Mr. Gibson’s home and the installation of rocks on top of the speed bump.

A question was directed to Ms. McComb about her e-mail about the Bank Trust legislation in Congress in Mexico City.
Ms. McComb stated that she and Jerry were invited by Sonora to attend the meeting in San Carlos.  She further stated that if you are interested, send her an e-mail and she’ll keep you up to date.

A question was asked if the budget showed the rental income from the Clubs.  They were told Yes.

It was stated that Ms. McDonald referenced new members, what about our ability to revoke members?  How would it be
done.  She was asked if she wanted to revoke someone and she stated yes, but will withhold the name at this
time.  A discussion was had about the same.  Comments were made about the pros and cons of doing this.  Mr. Dugan stated
that this could be addressed at an Annual Meeting.  Since our Annual Meeting had adjourned, it would have to wait until next year unless a Special Meeting was called.  Someone asked if the Annual Meeting could be reconvened.  They were told yes.  Further discussions were had about the same.  Mr. Dugan asked if anyone wanted to reconvene the Annual Meeting or wait till next year?  The member stated that they would wait until next year to bring it to a vote.  Another member asked if the Board could find out about the deportation process and tell us how to do it.

At this point, Mr. Dugan thanked everyone for coming.  He also noted that he has spoken with several other HOA’s in Rocky Point and they all wish they had what we do.

Respectfully submitted,

Shirley McDonald, Secretary

 

FUTURE BOARD MEETING:

Sunday, April 21, 2013           9:00 am

ELECTION RESULTS:

President:                Mike Dugan

3 Year Terms               Tammy Hicks

2013-2014 Budget approved.