Regular Board Meeting was held on Sunday, December 12, 2010

Regular Board Meeting was held on Sunday, December 12, 2010

ASOCIACION DE REGULARIZACION DE VECINOS DE LA CHOLLA 121210

ASOCIACION DE REGULARIZACION DE VECINOS DE LA CHULA, A.C.

A Regular Board Meeting was held on Sunday, December 12, 2010 at the Cholla Community Center. The meeting was called to order at 9:00 AM by President Michael Dugan with the following members present: Helen Dahlstrom, Lew Felton, Gene Court, Steve Lee, Steve Willis, Pat Sledge, Shirley McDonald, Blaine Fletcher, Laurie Webber, Don Schmidli, Delegate of Vigilance and Valente Cornejo, Mexican Representative.

Absent: Pete Pisciotta, Ken Goodin, Bella Howard, Jerry Ketelhut, Jr.

MINUTES:

The Board had previously received minutes of the November 14, 2010 meeting. Mr. Dugan asked if there were any corrections or additions. There being none, motion was made, second and minutes approved.

TREASURER’S REPORT/FINANCE:

Treasurer Helen Dahlstrom passed out the report showing income and expenditures through October 31, 2010. She also passed out revised front pages of September and October reports changing monies from Suspense to Prepaid Expense. Mr. Dugan asked if there were any corrections or additions and there being none, he asked for a motion to approve. Motion made, seconded and report approved.

MEMBERSHIP:

Ms. Dahlstrom reported 660 members paid in full with 210* not current, 5 Mexican memberships not required but paid for a total of 875**. There are 48 properties whose ownership and potential for membership are being researched.

*Members previously marked as “not” current could possibly be Mexicans and have been moved to a separate category until their status can be confirmed. **Some properties previously listed as having a meter, do not have meters.

Mr. Felton reported that his wife, who is a lawyer, did some research to see if the Vecinos Mexican Corporation can sue Americans in the states and she thinks it can be done. The Constitution is translated from Spanish to English and she would like to have a Mexican

lawyer make sure the translation is correct. He will find out what part of the Constitution she is talking about and maybe it could be looked at by a lawyer in Penasco.

(1)

Mr. Dugan said he had both the Mexican and English copy.

Mr. Felton said it was very cheap to file in justice courts and if you win, you can go after their wages and their American property. A long discussion followed about how much is really owed in back dues from homeowners in Cholla and how to proceed with trying to collect the money.

ARCHITECTURAL:

Mr. Dugan said he had heard nothing regarding the CC&Rs.

CLUBHOUSE:

Chairman Pat Sledge reported that he is looking at some microphones and a diffuser to stop feedback which is causing static. Secretary had a book from Doug Gallagher showing different kinds of microphones that could be used either above the board or on the tables. Mr. Felton said it would be nice to get the diffuser before New Years. Mr. Sledge said if they could figure out how to turn it on that might solve the problem.

Mr. Dugan got an $800 bid to spray the clubhouse for termites. The consensus of the board was spray in the late spring or summer when the termites are more active.

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:

Nothing to report.

GARBAGE:

Chairman Jerry Ketelhut was not at the meeting but Mr. Dugan reported that he had been working on a trash survey to get feedback from homeowners on the issues that were discussed at the last meeting. There was talk of combining trash and security in one survey. Mr. Willis, a member of the committee, read the original Trash Survey.

There was discussion about how to send it, wanting to send a stamped envelope for return as well as the cost of sending the package in hopes of getting a higher percentage of people replying. There was a question about availability of email addresses and Monica said probably 70 to 75 percent were available.

There was a discussion regarding how many people are actually picked up, what is being

(2)

paid, people who leave and drop their garbage off at the transfer station and the fact that about 20% of the homeowners are using the service. Ms. Webber thought there should be more information as to the cost being charged in relation to the number of homes putting garbage out each pick up day. A motion was finally made to approve the trash survey, seconded and approved.

ROADS:

In the absence of Chairman Pete Pisciotta, Mr. Dugan reported the workers were putting some more caleche on the road where the canal is planned. It was agreed that the roads are in decent shape.

PARKS/ENVIRONMENT:

Chairman Gene Court reported the horseshoe pits are finished and being used. Ms. Weber said they were not level and Mr. Court said according to the national group it is okay unless it is used for a tournament. Some benches will be added next month. Mr. Brown is going to check on some trees and will have information to Mr. Court by next month.

SECURITY:

Mr. Willis reported he had a proposal of $3,600 from Mr. Dahlstrom that included the DVR, seven cameras and the day and night feature. He also had an add on option of $3,300 for 2 wireless transmitters and receivers to obtain the 4 mile radius for a total of $6,900. Mr. Willis had a bid from Central Alarm in Tucson for $3,000+ which included 4 cameras, night and day capabilities and would bring their crew down to install the system. The information would be sent to another location and would cost $30 per month. By sending it somewhere else, it could not be erased locally and with the access code, the files can be viewed any time online. If there is a break in and a need to review the files, it is available and files are held for a year. Mr. Dugan asked if his cameras would be able to cover Borracho Flat and was told that would be an additional cost. Mr. Cornejo contacted a person in Mexicali after the last meeting and he thought it was about $2,500 but would get a written proposal from him.

Mr. Dugan said the main package would be at the police station where the phone line is and a remote one out in Borracho Flats and felt all of Cholla should be protected or none at all.

(3)

There was a discussion about different cameras, costs, how many bids to get, etc. When all bids are in, the Board will determine who will get the work.

Mr. Willis reported he got a bid for a security building at the entry to Borracho Flats that is under $100,000, and includes the facility, rest room, electric meter, and phone lines. The bid was from Mr. Brown and he said he could do it for half what he had bid previously. Discussion followed regarding fencing and the cost to secure Cholla. It was agreed that the biggest concern to protecting Cholla is the fence and barbed wire will not stop anyone. Boulders will stop vehicles but they have been placed in the area of Pinto Point and people still get through. Mr. Felton said the Vecinos do not want any kind of fence that could be a danger to people.

Ms. Dahlstrom said she thought the cameras should be done and look to do the building in the future. There is a possibility adjustments might be made when the building is done. Mr. Dugan reminded everything that the future of the road can change and totally change everything in that area. He used as an example a private community where they own the road and that is not the case in Cholla. There are too many businesses in town and he feels that in the long run it will be a city road which would eliminate the wish to have traffic stopped and checked. The consensus of the Board was to continue toward installing the cameras and if the decision is ever made to have a building, things can be integrated at that time.

Mr. Sledge brought up that we have been discussing what to do about security for years and feels that the survey should be sent, get feedback from the members and go with the wishes of our members but that doesn’t stop us moving forward on cameras. Mr. Felton will put something in the Newsletter regarding the plan to install cameras in the near future.

It was reported that Rocky Point is installing cameras around town to monitor traffic.

A Trash Survey has been approved and the Board decided to incorporate the Security Survey to cut the cost of sending two mailings. (A copy of the combined survey is attached to the minutes.) The combined survey will accompany the next Newsletter with an addressed envelope for the recipient to send the survey back. The survey will also be posted on the website. All surveys are due no later than January 30, 2011.

WATER AND SEWER:

Mr. Dugan reported that water is plentiful and no problems. The City has not responded

(4)

to his inquiries as to what their next step is regarding water. There was a discussion

about the amount Mexican homeowners had to pay the City as a one time fee for the water line and also what they pay monthly.

OLD BUSINESS:

None.

NEW BUSINESS:

Ms. Weber reported receiving her Bank Trust Fee and it increased over $100 and asked if anyone else had received theirs. Most of the Board Members’ bills are paid by someone else so had no information about an increase. Someone else said theirs was the same as last year. Mr. Dugan suggested that she look into it. He also suggested to anyone who doesn’t have their trust that they continually check with the bank about securing their bank trust.

Mr. Dugan said the attorney at Mr. Brown’s office asked if he had copies of the meetings of the Technical Committee during the time trusts were being done. He checked with Ms. Peterson and found copies of all the meetings that Mr. Peterson attended. The Browns needed the information because the bank was saying that the Company did match the $2,000 that each homeowner deposited. The Company said they deposited the money to a Bancomer account. She was to call him for a meeting but they have not met yet. Mr. Dugan said the money had not been paid as of 91 or 92, but knows nothing after that.

There being no further business to discuss, Mr. Dugan asked for a motion to adjourn. Motion made, seconded and meeting adjourned at 10:48 AM.

AUDIENCE PARTICUPATION:

There was a question regarding adding property to a trust and was told it could be done.

He said he had been holding off on getting a trust for his home because he bought another piece of property and the Company suggested he put them in the same trust. He also talked to another attorney and was told he could merge them together.

Mr. Dugan did explain that if you combine two lots and it exceeds a certain amount of

(5)

feet, then you can’t merge the property into the trust. When trying to merge all the

property at the Clubhouse it could not be done. The building is on one Deed of Trust and the property in front is on another trust.

A gentleman reported that the Port Captain has been checking fishing licenses in Cholla are taking pictures of the boats.

Someone had some issues with the horseshoe pits. Mr. Dugan said that has already been addressed and he could discuss it with Mr.Court.

Someone wanted to know if the survey could be done by mail and email. He was told they would look into it.

A gentleman in the audience explained why trust fees might be more than usual. He said the bank is now having trust fees come due when your house was purchased instead of everyone paying at the same time in the early part of the year.

Respectfully submitted,

Shirley McDonald, Secretary

FUTURE MEETINGS:

Sunday, January 16, 2011 9:00 AM

Sunday, February 20, 2011 9:00 AM

Sunday, March 20, 2011 9:00 AM

Saturday, April 16, 2011 9:00 AM General Meeting

Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:00 AM

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

1. Microphones and defuser

2. Bids for Cameras