Regular meeting was held on Sunday, May 10, 2009

Regular meeting was held on Sunday, May 10, 2009

ASOCIACION DE REGULARIZACION DE VECINOS DE LA CHOLLA.A.C.

A regular meeting was held on Sunday, May 10, 2009 at the Cholla Community Center. The meeting was called to order at 9:00 AM by President Michael Dugan with the following members present: Gene Court, Ken Goodin, Alan Peterson, Pat Sledge, Jerry Ketelhut, Jr., Jim Niblack, Steve Lee, Pete Pisciotta, Helen Dahlstrom, Don Schmidli, Delegate of Vigilance, and Guest Secretary Pat Goodin.

Absent: Shirley McDonald, Lew Felton, Tom Clark, Michael Eagan and Valente Cornejo.

MINUTES:

The board had previously received minutes of the April 26, 2009 meeting. Mr. Dugan asked if there were any corrections or additions. There being none, he then asked for a motion to approve. Motion made, seconded and minutes approved.

TREASURER’S REPORT/FINANCE:

Treasurer Helen Dahlstrom passed out the report showing income and expenditures through April 30, 2009. Mr. Dugan asked if there were any corrections or additions to the report.

Steve Lee asked about separating repairs, dump fees and Jessie’s fees regarding garbage. Mr. Ketelhut said he would break it down if the treasurer didn’t want to do it. Board members agreed it would be helpful to the general membership to better understand where the money went. Ms. Dahlstrom will break it down and it will be put on the website. FAQ information on various topics will be put on the website by the committee chairmen.

There being no other changes, Mr. Dugan then asked for a motion to approve. Motion made, seconded and report approved.

MEMBERSHIP:

Ms. Dahlstrom reported there are 730 members paid in full, 129 not current, 4 Mexican members who are not required to pay, but did, for a total of 863. There are still 114 whose membership status is not clear.

ARCHITECTURAL:

Mr. Dugan reported that due to everyone being sick at the City, the CC&R’s are still not approved. He asked them to notify him when the meeting to approve is being held, but
(1)

nothing yet. There is concern about the elections which could cause a delay in getting the approval.

CLUBHOUSE:

Chairman Pat Sledge reported that Rick Dahlstrom is putting together a plan for the Palapa but thinks he is waiting till about August to start since it will be nice and hot then.
He also reported there is a propane tank on the roof right over a fish fryer and plans to move it somewhere.

Mr. Dugan reported that the Vecinos do have the title to the Clubhouse property, but there is a problem recording it because of 2 people in Manzana 8 who have some kind of problem (apparently with the Company) There was more discussion on this topic, basically that it made no sense. Mr. Dugan will try to get more information on the subject.

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:

Monica had sent emails to Mr. Dugan and others about which lots will be affected regarding membership as to who has to pay on another lot. There was a lot of discussion whether people should have to pay a membership on an empty lot. There was also a suggestion to list people on the website who are delinquent on taxes. Ms. Dahlstrom and Mr. Ketelhut made plans to go over the map to check on the various lots.

GARBAGE:

Chairman Jerry Ketelhut gave a long report pertaining to garbage pickups, pickups per day, mileage to and from the dump, inability to see “footballs” on windows, etc. Mr. Ketelhut presented a detailed report on Garbage. Due to the length of that report, it is being attached to and made a part of the minutes of this meeting.

Mr. Ketelhut also stated there is no insurance on the Vecinos’ owned truck which is used for garbage pick-up. This will be looked into by the board.

ROADS:

Chairman Pete Pisciotta said he met with the sign guy and rode around town with him to show him street signs that are broken or need to be replaced and he should be done by next week. He then met with Bengie on the trouble spots so he could take care of them. There was a discussion regarding what the company was supposed to be watering and grading with the money supplied by the Vecinos. Mr. Dugan said the Vecinos pay 35% of the road maintenance to the entrance to Cholla. This money comes from the sale of water from the standpipe. There was discussion regarding how often they should be watering, grading, etc. There were complaints that the road is bad every time they use,
(2)

especially on weekends.

PARKS/ENVIRONMENT:

Chairman Gene Court brought up the porty potty at the estuary outside of Cholla and after a long discussion it was decided it was not set or being paid for by the Vecinos.
He reported he had two swings for small children that would be set up. He also reported that the palm trees were looking good and will probably live. He has been working with the U of A on the problem.

SECURITY:

Chairman Jim Niblack reported a break-in a week ago and it is the first reported in a while. A quad was stolen from a building that had no alarm system but other than that, nothing to report. He said there was a problem with exterior lighting on the roadway next to the police station

Ms. Dahlstrom said there was a lot of conversation regarding stickers at the meetings in April. Mr. Niblack said it was approved at the April meeting to buy stickers to be sent out as dues were paid for the coming year. It was also decided that each membership would get two stickers and others could be purchased for a nominal fee.

CONSTITUTION/BYLAWS:

Nothing to report.

WATER AND SEWER:

No change since last meeting.

NEW BUSINESS:

None

OLD BUSINESS:

All covered by the various committees.

There being no further business to discuss, Mr. Dugan asked for a motion to adjourn. Motion made, seconded and meeting adjourned at 10:47 AM.

(3)

 

AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION:

There was a question about oiling roads in Cholla and checking with other companies about insurance as well as liability for the employees who take care of trash.

Respectfully submitted,

Shirley McDonald and
Guest Secretary, Pat Goodin

FUTURE MEETINGS:

Sunday, July 12, 2009 9:00 AM
Sunday, October 11, 2009 9:00 AM